The 20 Metaphor Quotes
Published on 2020-06-03 12:03:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. The sunset produces flower clouds in a garden in the sky, and while there is still light you can see a heavenly representation of my love for you.The sunrise produces rays that light up the world like your eyes do when you're with me. They shimmer and I can see the stars in your eyes that gleam from your soul.-Jarod Kintz and Karen Quan
2. The nail that sticks out farthest gets hammered the hardest.
3. She had eyes like sunsets, and every time she blinked it felt like the end of the world, otherwise known as night.
4. But what he didn't understand was that this dreamland was preferable,walking through this life half-sleeping,everything at arm's length or farther away. I understood those mermaids.I didn't care if they sang to me.All I wanted was to block out all the human voices as they called me name again and again,pulling me upward into light,to drown.
5. Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
6. Guilt is the toothache of the soul.
7. I'm oxygen and he's dying to breathe.
8. I’ll wear a maze on a necklace, dangling over my chest, because if you want to get at my heart, you have to be ready to lose yourself.
9. Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space.
10. When a poet digs himself into a hole, he doesn't climb out. He digs deeper, enjoys the scenery, and comes out the other side enlightened.
11. In short, philosophical theories are largely the product of the hidden hand of the cognitive unconscious.
12. The mind is a metaphor of the world of objects.
13. Hope is the crystal meth of emotions. It hooks you fast and kills you hard.
14. Books are the mirrors of the soul.
15. They are trying to make me into a fixed star. I am an irregular planet.
16. I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.
17. Life' wrote a friend of mine, 'is a public performance on the violin, in which you must learn the instrument as you go along.
18. Half the people in the world think that the metaphors of their religious traditions, for example, are facts. And the other half contends that they are not facts at all. As a result we have people who consider themselves believers because they accept metaphors as facts, and we have others who classify themselves as atheists because they think religious metaphors are lies.
19. Tomas did not realize at the time that metaphors are dangerous. Metaphors are not to be trifled with. A single metaphor can give birth to love.
20. People say that eyes are windows to the soul.