The 13 Rationality Quotes
Published on 2020-09-13 20:08:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. Reality is, you know, the tip of an iceberg of irrationality that we've managed to drag ourselves up onto for a few panting moments before we slip back into the sea of the unreal.
2. Books choose their authors; the act of creation is not entirely a rational and conscious one.
3. And thus, the actions of life often not allowing any delay, it is a truth very certain that, when it is not in our power to determine the most true opinions we ought to follow the most probable.
4. With a philosophy education, one can infuriate his peers, intimidate his date, think of obscure, unreliable ways to make money, and never regret a thing.
5. Those who make conversations impossible, make escalation inevitable.
6. Faith is stronger than so-called reason.
7. One of chief pieces of advice I give to aspiring rationalists is "Don't try to be clever."And, "Listen to those quiet, nagging doubts."If you don't know, you don't know what you don't know, you don't know how much you don't know, and you don't know how much you needed to know.
8. The joy from eating does not come from the exclusivity of the food, but instead from the sensitivity that we eat it with.
9. Animals do it largely for the REPRODUCTION, but so-called Social Animals (People) do it regularly thinking that it will give them SATISFACTION.
10. Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible.
11. One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.
12. On your quest to spirituality it is often required to suspend your rationality; but true spirituality asks that you enhance your rationality.
13. The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it. The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!
Next : 45 Positive Quotes