TOP 35 Tragedy Quotes
Published on 2020-07-01 20:04:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. We make choices every day, some of them good, some of them bad. And if we are strong enough, we live with the consequences.
2. We may be helpless to stop bad things from happening, but perhaps God leaves us signs and road maps to help us recover and reconnect, provided we know where to look.
3. Weeping is not the same thing as crying. It takes your whole body to weep, and when it's over, you feel like you don't have any bones left to hold you up.
4. It’s odd, isn’t it? People die every day and the world goes on like nothing happened. But when it’s a person you love, you think everyone should stop and take notice. That they ought to cry and light candles and tell you that you’re not alone.
5. For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo.
6. Life is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel.
7. The life of every individual, viewed as a whole and in general, and when only its most significant features are emphasized, is really a tragedy; but gone through in detail it has the character of a comedy.
8. One of the greatest tragedies in life is to lose your own sense of self and accept the version of you that is expected by everyone else.
9. It really seems to me that in the midst of great tragedy, there is always the horrible possibility that something terribly funny will happen.
10. A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.
11. And then I did what I had never done in his presence, much less in his arms. I cried.
12. Life always begins with triumph but tends to end with tragedy.
13. All those who try to unveil the mysteries always have tragic lives. At the end they are always punished.
14. Were prayers of murderers, when fighting on the “right side” of the war, ever heard—let alone answered?
15. If a person holds no ambitions in this world, he suffers unknowingly. If a person holds ambitions, he suffers knowingly, but very slowly.
16. We pass through this world but once. Few tragedies can be more extensive than the stunting of life, few injustices deeper than the denial of an opportunity to strive or even to hope, by a limit imposed from without, but falsely identified as lying within.
17. Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.
18. Stop counting your losses and start counting your blessings. Only then will you discover that losses are always easier to point out and count than blessings. And that your blessings will always outnumber your losses, for they are truly immeasurable.
19. Crime, violence, infamy are not tragedy. Tragedy occurs when a human soul awakes and seeks, in suffering and pain, to free itself from crime, violence, infamy, even at the cost of life. The struggle is the tragedy - not defeat or death. That is why the spectacle of tragedy has always filled men, not with despair, but with a sense of hope and exaltation.
20. They know that tragedy is not glamorous. They know it doesn't play out in life as it does on a stage or between the pages of a book. It is neither a punishment meted out nor a lesson conferred. Its horrors are not attributable to one single person. Tragedy is ugly and tangled, stupid and confusing.
21. Here is the tragedy: when you are the victim of depression, not only do you feel utterly helpless and abandoned by the world, you also know that very few people can understand, or even begin to believe, that life can be this painful. There is nothing I can think of that is quite as isolating as this.
22. You see, nothing matters except pleasure - which is the opposite of happiness, its tragic part, I expect.
23. The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.
24. The basic fact about human existence is not that it is a tragedy, but that it is a bore. It is not so much a war as an endless standing in line.
25. I do have a point to all this,” she continues. “There are like twenty people in that waiting room right now. Some of them are related to you. Some of them are not. But we’re all your family.” She stops now. Leans over me so that the wisps of her hair tickle my face. She kisses me on the forehead. “You still have a family,” she whispers.
26. In a world plagued with commonplace tragedies, only one thing exists that truly has the power to save lives, and that is love.
27. Humor is merely tragedy standing on its head with its pants torn.
28. Who is to decide which is the grimmer sight: withered hearts, or empty skulls?
29. I'm sure there are people who survive tragedy without humor, but I've never met any of them. Nor would I be particularly interested in writing about them if I did meet them.
30. I can't go on, I'll go on.
31. A lot of tragedy can befall us, but there's always something else; there's always hope.
32. You are the storyteller and the editor of your book of life. So write tales of imagination, tragedy, and adventure and illustrate it with the colors of beauty.
33. Cover her face; mine eyes dazzle. She died young.
34. ...you're either gonna spend your life fucking pussy, or taking it to church.
35. My own inclination is to skew towards humor. They say that some people view life as a comedy, others as a tragedy. Me? Comedy all the way.
Next : 18 Proud Quotes