8 of the Dishonesty Quotes
Published on 2020-07-27 16:12:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature made them.
2. Tolerance! The virtue that makes one bite his tongue so that he can tear out his hair.
3. Where questions of religion are concerned, people are guilty of every possible sort of dishonesty and intellectual misdemeanor.
4. Never hide things from hardcore thinkers. They get more aggravated, more provoked by confusion than the most painful truths.
5. The only thing more dangerous than ignorance is the pretense of intelligent ignorance. The former is teachable; the latter is not.
6. Some false representations contravene the law; some do not. ... The sensibilities of no two men are the same. Some would refuse to sell property without carefully explaining all about its merits and defects, and putting themselves in the purchasers' place and inquiring if he himself would buy under the circumstances. But such men never would be prosperous merchants.
7. I despise the rituals of fake friendship. I wish we could just claw each other's eyes out and call it a day; instead we put on huge radiant smiles and spout compliments until our teeth hurt from the saccharine sweetness of it all.
8. Don't be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.