65 Character Quotes
Published on 2020-07-13 00:05:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. This isn't the road home. This is a road littered with questions that will inevitably lead to an answer.
2. The best way to show that a stick is crooked is not to argue about it or to spend time denouncing it, but to lay a straight stick alongside it
3. Self-leaders do not look for followers because they are busily pursuing their influencial dreams that followers will trace and ask for. Followers look for influence and that can be obtained from self-leaders.
4. I'm a bug on acting, which distinguishes Second City from a lot of other revues. It comes from the character, the behavior, and not from the jokes. I don't think jokes are funny. Humor comes out of character and out of situations the character is in.
5. When I play a game, I want to play, not necessarily laugh. If you try to make me laugh at the expense of interactivity, then you've just created another funny game that isn't very fun. The videogame medium itself is a terrible place for complicated humor, drama, and character development.
6. If you're silent for a long time, people just arrive in your mind.
7. What makes a good leader? I ask myself this every day, and then as I begin to list off characteristics I realize I’m describing myself. Am I the ideal leader? Let’s just say that if I were running for political office, I know who I’d vote for—twice.
8. True education does not consist merely in the acquiring of a few facts of science, history, literature, or art, but in the development of character.
9. The tower of success stands on the pillars of vision, action, patience and the character to withstand criticisms.
10. I can't decide whether I'm a good girl wrapped up in a bad girl, or if I'm a bad girl wrapped up in a good girl. And that's how I know I'm a woman!
11. She is free in her wildness, she is a wanderess, a drop of free water. She knows nothing of borders and cares nothing for rules or customs. 'Time' for her isn’t something to fight against. Her life flows clean, with passion, like fresh water.
12. There are certain things I learned when I first started learning about acting, to try and place the character physically and emotionally. And the way you place them emotionally is often with humor.
13. But it was this tough little character part that I was playing, a very funny little guy that I invented over a weekend, because I realized I was not contributing to the humor of this thing. And I had to do something.
14. Don't walk through life just playing football. Don't walk through life just being an athlete. Athletics will fade. Character and integrity and really making an impact on someone's life, that's the ultimate vision, that's the ultimate goal - bottom line.
15. Sometimes your light shines so bright that it blinds people from seeing who you really are.
16. I care more about the people in books than the people I see every day.
17. I suppose I look for humor in most situations because it humanizes things; it makes a character much more three-dimensional if there's some kind of humor. Not necessarily laugh-out-loud type of stuff, just a sense that there is a humorous edge to things. I do like that.
18. When reading, we don't fall in love with the characters' appearance. We fall in love with their words, their thoughts, and their hearts. We fall in love with their souls.
19. The day came when she discovered sex, sensuality, and literature; she said, 'I submit! Let my life be henceforth ruled by poetry. Let me reign as the queen of my dreams until I become nothing less than the heroine of God.
20. Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.
21. Which of us has not felt that the character we are reading in the printed page is more real than the person standing beside us?
22. The power of thought is the light of knowledge, the power of will is the energy of character, the power of heart is love. Reason, love and power of will are perfections of man.
23. At the end of your lives you will not be judged by academic successes, the degrees or diplomas earned, the positions held, the material wealth acquired, or power and prestige, but rather on the basis of what you have become as persons and what you are in conduct and character.
24. Boy, the solid things you can hold in your hands are never all you've got. They're the least of what belong to you. The qualities inside you, those are what you've really got to defend yourself with.
25. The petty man wants to use God for himself; the ambitious man wants God to use him for God.
26. A clown on a throne is still a clown. A king in rags is still a king.
27. Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.
28. A truly good person will speak truth, act with truth, and stand for Truth. A truly good person is not afraid to think from their heart; therefore, allowing nonconformist decisions, viewpoints, and perspectives to lead their life. By following their heart, they stand with their conscience, and only with God.
29. Be sure not to discuss your hero's state of mind. Make it clear from his actions."(Letter to Alexander Chekhov, May 10, 1886)
30. In youth, it was a way I had,To do my best to please.And change, with every passing ladTo suit his theories.But now I know the things I knowAnd do the things I do,And if you do not like me so,To hell, my love, with you.
31. A person feels the pain in judicious proportion to the sensitive nature cherished in own world; otherwise there is enough fun, happiness, enjoyment and pleasure in life.
32. Keeping or holding on to a concept shows belief but building or adding to it shows confidence and depth of character.
33. In the end, Leck should have stuck to his lies. For it was the truth he almost told that killed him.
34. When a bumptious person can’t satiate oneself with an empty praise from others, s/he may go a step further to organize a get-together to bring all people of own nature under a single roof to meet, deliberate, celebrate, collaborate, greet, treat , appreciate or even felicitate one another.
35. You take people, you put them on a journey, you give them peril, you find out who they really are.
36. Animals do it largely for the REPRODUCTION, but so-called Social Animals (People) do it regularly thinking that it will give them SATISFACTION.
37. Sensibly, it is better to be an illiterate or less educated and make an earning of an amount X than be highly or moderately academically qualified and yet be paid X or even less or marginally high.
38. When you choose your friends, don't be short-changed by choosing personality over character.
39. Success needs vision to see, passion to transcend, patience to withstand and the character to overcome failures.
40. The wise do not buy into other people’s perceptions of who they are and what they are capable of. Instead, they bypass a person’s public persona and see who they are in their highest expression. When you see actions taken with integrity, instead of words only, you will then know a soul’s worth.
41. When writing a novel a writer should create living people; people not characters. A character is a caricature.
42. 006 was such an interesting character and the film really explored his friendship with Bond and how it all went wrong, so it was a very personal journey for both characters.
43. I would rather be a devil in alliance with truth, than an angel in alliance with falsehood.
44. Paint the essential character of things.
45. A winner is not someone who wins. It's someone who tries and isn't afraid to lose.
46. When we think of the ideal, we do not add virtue to virtue, but think of Jesus Christ, so that the standard of human life is no longer a code, but a character.
47. Just do what you were going to do, before you said you were going to do it.
48. You can't go around hoping that most people have sterling moral characters. The most you can hope for is that people will pretend that they do.
49. A netizen speaks normally about one’s life’s first priority or preference through the profile picture; it’s often the person seen therein, but it could also be the product on which s/he lays the hand on or seen as an inset in this selfish and materialistic world.
50. A person whose desires and impulses are his own—are the expression of his own nature, as it has been developed and modified by his own culture—is said to have a character. One whose desires and impulses are not his own, has no character, no more than a steam-engine has character…
51. In the first book of my Discworld series, published more than 26 years ago, I introduced Death as a character; there was nothing particularly new about this - death has featured in art and literature since medieval times, and for centuries we have had a fascination with the Grim Reaper.
52. I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
53. One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: ‘To rise above little things’.
54. Character — the willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life — is the source from which self-respect springs.
55. Good humor isn't a trait of character, it is an art which requires practice.
56. In general there should be gay characters in YA because a) surprise, there are gay folks everywhere and b) in my opinion as a father, there’s not a damn thing wrong with my child encountering gay folks in her literature, because see point a).
57. I don't know where people got the idea that characters in books are supposed to be likable. Books are not in the business of creating merely likeable characters with whom you can have some simple identification with. Books are in the business of creating great stories that make you're brain go ahhbdgbdmerhbergurhbudgerbudbaaarr.
58. Lordy, lordy, lordy do I love money. It is a character flaw, no doubt, one that springs from a panicked childhood in which I always felt as if our family was only a couple missed child support payments from being tossed onto the pitiless streets of our suburban New Jersey town.
59. I'm unpredictable, I never know where I'm going until I get there, I'm so random, I'm always growing, learning, changing, I'm never the same person twice. But one thing you can be sure of about me; is I will always do exactly what I want to do.
60. It is the addition of strangeness to beauty that constitutes the romantic character in art.
61. To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
62. We are no longer in the dispensation of age and experience. We are in the era of knowledge and information. Information leads a true leader and a true leader leads others.
63. I hope the wonder of what happens to my characters never goes away. That yearning keeps me writing.
64. I grew up when one of America's greatest black playwrights, August Wilson, was writing about life in Pittsburgh, but I never saw myself in any of his straight-male plays. And then I see 'Angels,' which was so honest and painful, and it had this black drag queen in it, Belize, with a big heart. I finally had a character to relate to.
65. Success is the only motivational factor that a boy with character needs.
Next : 5+ Quotes About Courtesy