41 Greed Quotes
Published on 2020-05-31 00:09:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. When does one become free from all tubers (of the mind)? When one becomes free of kashayas (anger-pride-deceit-greed). Kashays (anger-pride-deceit-greed) are tubers themselves.
2. Those who try to juggle wisdom, power and greed, drop one of the balls, every time.”—Zarost
3. Love is a Heaven Cake, with clouds for icing. If there are two pieces left, I guess I can have seconds.
4. Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves.
5. A family man shouldn't trade his peace for profits, it is the job of a businessman.
6. Successful people are always looking for opportunities to help others. Unsuccessful people are always asking, "What's in it for me?
7. Religion (dharma) is decrease in kashay (anger, pride, deceit and greed) and increase of kashay is irreligion (adharma). When Kashay goes away (completely) is the religion of the Self (Soul).
8. The God I believe in believes in me and won’t silence my heart or others based on a paycheck at the end of the day.
9. At a time when unbridled greed, malignant aggression, and existence of weapons of mass destruction threatens the survival of humanity, we should seriously consider any avenue that offers some hope.
10. There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
11. There is no samkit (vision with right belief that I am Pure Soul) where there are kashays [anger, pride, deceit and greed], and where there are no kashays, there is samkit (self realization).
12. Are you not ashamed of caring so much for the making of money and for fame and prestige, when you neither think nor care about wisdom and truth and the improvement of your soul?
13. I'm fat because I'm greedy, and if my mind is fat it's because I'm curious.
14. There are 6 reasons that a person does anything: Love, faith, greed, boredom, fear... revenge.
15. Public education is not broken. It is not failing or declining. The diagnosis is wrong, and the solutions of the corporate reformers are wrong. Our urban schools are in trouble because of concentrated poverty and racial segregation. But public education is not ‘broken.’ Public education is in a crisis only so far as society is and only so far as this new narrative of crisis has destabilized it.
16. When is bliss of the self (Samadhi) experienced? It is when one does not want anything, when all the tubers of one’s greed goes away, then the bliss of the self (Samadhi) is experienced. Give away, how much you give (your things to others), that much (happiness) will be yours !
17. There are two goddesses in your heard. The Goddess of Wisdom and the Goddess of Wealth. Everyone thinks they need to get wealth first, and wisdom will come. So they concern themselves with chasing money. But they have it backwards. You have to give your heart to the Goddess of Wisdom, giver her all your love and attention, and the Goddess of Wealth will become jealous, and follow you.
18. So the unwanting soulsees what's hidden,and the ever-wanting soulsees only what it wants.
19. There are six reasons anyone does anything: Love. Faith. Greed. Boredom. Fear..."he said, ticking them off on his fingers; but he lingered on the last, drawing a deep breath before he said, "Revenge.
20. If two heads are better than one, then what about double chins? On that note, I will help myself to seconds.
21. Greed is your god, Kaz."He almost laughed at that. "No, Inej. Greed bows to me. It is my servant and my lever.
22. There is a very fine line between loving life and being greedy for it.
23. It was not curiosity that killed the goose who laid the golden egg, but an insatiable greed that devoured common sense.
24. Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed.
25. Her love is more aww than awe, and even if were awesome, I want aweall, not merely some awe. I’m greedy for the amazing.
26. No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming. 67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted. Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun — for anybody. 67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age. Relax — This won't hurt
27. Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
28. The only gift I have to give, is the ability to receive. If giving is a gift, and it surely is, then my gift to you is to allow you to give to me.
29. Money. The ultimate motivation. The ultimate way of keeping score.
30. The difference between greed and ambition is a greedy person desires things he isn't prepared to work for.
31. I am awfully greedy; I want everything from life. I want to be a woman and to be a man, to have many friends and to have loneliness, to work much and write good books, to travel and enjoy myself, to be selfish and to be unselfish… You see, it is difficult to get all which I want. And then when I do not succeed I get mad with anger.
32. [I]t was with a good end in mind – that of acquiring the knowledge of good and evil – that Eve allowed herself to be carried away and eat the forbidden fruit. But Adam was not moved by this desire for knowledge, but simply by greed: he ate it because he heard Eve say it tasted good.
33. Soul (Atma) remains very far from where kashays (anger-pride-deceit-greed) are created, the Soul is quite far from there. Where there is absence of kashays, there lies the ‘religion of Vitrags (the enlightened ones)’, and where kashays are present, lies the ‘relative religion’!
34. I saw him do a No More Potatoes Dance, after he saw me stuff the last of the mashed potatoes in my pocket.
35. he who is greedy is always in want
36. A leader should always be open to criticism, not silencing dissent. Any leader who does not tolerate criticism from the public is afraid of their dirty hands to be revealed under heavy light. And such a leader is dangerous, because they only feel secure in the darkness. Only a leader who is free from corruption welcomes scrutiny; for scrutiny allows a good leader to be an even greater leader.
37. To make a deliberate falsification for personal gain is the last, worst depth to which either scholar or artist can descend in work or life.(Letter to Muriel St. Clare Byrne, 8 September 1935)
38. Kashays [anger-pride-deceit-greed] will not leave by suppressing them, they go away through Gnan (Enlightened Knowledge).
39. The ego lusts for satisfaction. It has a prideful ferocious appetite for its version of "truth". It is the most challenging aspect to conquer; the cause for most spiritual turmoil.
40. Why does death have to stop #love? It doesn’t stop people from voting in Chicago.
41. If it weren't for greed, intolerance, hate, passion and murder, you would have no works of art, no great buildings, no medical science, no Mozart, no Van Gough, no Muppets and no Louis Armstrong.
Prev : 45 Best Form Quotes