40 City Quotes
Published on 2020-06-13 08:03:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. When we have reached the depths of despair, only then can we look up and see the light of hope.
2. Alec looked at her and shook his head. "How do you manage never to get mud on your clothes?"Isabelle shrugged philosophically. "I'm pure at heart. It repels the dirt.
3. If you're texting Magnus to say 'I think u r kewl' I'm going to kill you
4. Love is something to be treated with awe. Or should it be aww? People don’t know my capacity for love. If you tried to bottle it up, I’m sure it would take at least three thermoses to contain it. And if it did get contained, would you drink my love black, or would you add cream and sugar?
5. If you want me, you’d better hurry. Act now, supplies are limited.
6. Happiness. Simple as a glass of chocolate or tortuous as the heart. Bitter. Sweet. Alive.
7. Don’t you think most of those kids think too much about who got an A or a B when they were in law school and what that means to an inflated G.P.A. and not enough about the world?” asked Connor irrelevantly.
8. If you want to know my story, you have to go back to the beginning. Not the beginning-beginning, but about nine months later. You see, I was born as a poor farm boy. Believe it or not, my parents were so poor that they didn’t even own a farm. Nope. Instead, they had to live in a small apartment in the city.
9. The darker side of the City tried to emphasize the selfish parts of me by encouraging my sense of entitlement and my desire for personal space. But God seemed to whisper that the alternative existed: to let Him grow humility and concern for others in a way I had never experienced, to live out His peace amid whirling chaos. (p.67)
10. A writer, I think, is someone who pays attention to the world."[Speech upon being awarded the Friedenspreis des Deutschen Buchhandels (Peace Prize of the German Book Trade), Frankfurt Book Fair, October 12, 2003]
11. Wake up and smell the wealth with Cosmic Ordering.
12. If you think you can then you can.
13. With Cosmic Ordering, the best days of your life are always ahead of you.
14. I’m just going to keep plugging away until I find success—or an electrical socket that works. This is the secret to gaining worldly power.
15. I think Baltimore suffers from nostalgia and it keeps us from being honest in talking about what really happened here. A place doesn't have to be perfect to be beloved, and I love this city and I love it better for seeing its flaws.
16. Just a minute, Cosmic Ordering can give you a whole lot more ... a whole lifetime of more.
17. Don't blow off another's candle for it won't make yours shine brighter.
18. Whatever your desire, use Cosmic Ordering to get what you require!
19. Without friends you have nothing!
20. It is in doing things and not reading about them that results come about.
21. But maybe you never really had someone, she thought now. Maybe, no matter how much you loved them, they could slip through your fingers like water, and there was nothing you could do about it.
22. It’s a red sky every night with Cosmic Ordering.
23. She supposed they were imperfections, those marks, but they didn't feel that way to her; they were a history, cut into his body: the map of a life of endless war.
24. If we lose all of our wealth and are only left with love then, indeed, we shall never be poor.
25. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.
26. Happiness is something we reap from the seeds we sow. Plant misery seeds and that us what you reap.
27. Do not let your grand ambitions stand in the way of small but meaningful accomplishments.
28. The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity.
29. Magnus, standing by the door, snapped his fingers impatiently. "Move it along, teenagers. The only person who gets to canoodle in my bedroom is my magnificent self.""Canoodle?"repeated Clary, never having heard the word before."Magnificent?"repeated Jace, who was just being nasty. Magnus growled. The growl sounded like "Get out.
30. When we give up the chase, we give up our wishing.
31. [Poem: Slates of Grey]Sullen faces like slates of grey—What I’d seen on a walk today.Bodies rushing bodies boltingTime for life a disregarding.Money to make and to grow oldWhat about the hands to hold?Deadlines, projects, people to meetWhat about our own two feet.Sullen faces like slates of grey...What I’d see most anyday.
32. He who has the audacity to stop you from dreaming is he who had given you the imaginations to think, but not those who watch you as you explore the dreams!
33. There’s the impossible and then there’s Cosmic Ordering.
34. And now,"Eric yelled into his mircophone, "we're going to sing a new song-one we just wrote. This one's for my girlfriend. We've been going out for three weeks, and, damn, our love is true. We're gonna be together forever, baby. This one's called 'Bang You Like a Drum.
35. Now your boat comes in every day with Cosmic Ordering.
36. The mode by which the impossible is reached is Cosmic Ordering.
37. He looked back at her, and when she saw the look on his face, she saw his eyes at Renwick’s, when he had watched the Portal that separated him from his home shatter into a thousand irretrievable pieces. He held her gaze for a split second, then looked away from her, the muscles in his throat working.
38. Living simply makes loving simple.
39. We are all teachers, we all have knowledge and experiences that can teach others.
40. Our hearts speak the same language but more importantly our souls share the same voice.