38 Values Quotes That Will Speak To Your Heart
Published on 2020-06-22 04:08:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. When we cannot bear to be alone, it means we do not properly value the only companion we will have from birth to death - ourselves.
2. Inventory:"Four be the things I am wiser to know:Idleness, sorrow, a friend, and a foe.Four be the things I'd been better without:Love, curiosity, freckles, and doubt.Three be the things I shall never attain:Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.Three be the things I shall have till I die:Laughter and hope and a sock in the eye.
3. No ideology is worth a Human life.
4. Maybe there's a chance to get back to grown-up films. Anything that uses humor and dramatic values to deal with human emotions and gets down to what people are to people.
5. The only ethical principle which has made science possible is that the truth shall be told all the time. If we do not penalize false statements made in error, we open up the way for false statements by intention. And a false statement of fact, made deliberately, is the most serious crime a scientist can commit.
6. To feel more fulfilled your actions and activities need to be in alignment with what you deem important.
7. Hide yourself in God, so when a man wants to find you he will have to go there first.
8. Far from rejecting outright any hierarchy of success or failure, philosophy instead reconfigures the judging process, lending legitimacy to theidea that themainstream value system may unfairly consign some people to disgrace and others to respectability.
9. Never compromise your values.
10. Before you tell your life what you intend to do with it, listen for what it intends to do with you. Before you tell your life what truths and values you have decided to live up to, let your life tell you what truths you embody, what values you represent.
11. The mind is an instrument made up of universal consciousness, egocentric consciousness, societal consciousness, along with education, values, virtues, judgment and wisdom.
12. Two types of choices seem to me to have been crucial in tipping the outcomes [of the various societies' histories] towards success or failure: long-term planning and willingness to reconsider core values. On reflection we can also recognize the crucial role of these same two choices for the outcomes of our individual lives.
13. To make a deliberate falsification for personal gain is the last, worst depth to which either scholar or artist can descend in work or life.(Letter to Muriel St. Clare Byrne, 8 September 1935)
14. Do you think it is a vain hope that one day man will find joy in noble deeds of light and mercy, rather than in the coarse pleasures he indulges in today -- gluttony, fornication, ostentation, boasting, and envious vying with his neighbor? I am certain this is not a vain hope and that the day will come soon.
15. Don't waste your love on somebody, who doesn't value it.
16. There are men with heart and soul that respect values and tradition then there are men with no heart that are manipulators and couldn't care less about values or tradition they both have friendly faces don't be fooled learn the difference by Bonnie Zackson Koury
17. I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness.
18. In a general sense, I admit to valuing the worldviews of men under the age of 40 and women over the age of 30.
19. He could very likely have appealed for leniency. At least he could have saved his life by agreeing to leave Athens. But had he done this he would not have been Socrates. He valued his conscience--and the truth-- higher than life.
20. Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.
21. Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury - to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.
22. One is often so busy doing life that it is easy to avoid evaluating whether you are putting your energy in the direction you value most.
23. If money’s the god people worship, I’d rather go worship the devil instead.
24. I don't know what sort of world she will live in and I have no fixed opinions concerning how she should live in it. I only know that if she does not come to value what is true above what is useful, it will make little difference whether she lives at all.
25. Your purpose is your why.
26. For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
27. If it ever occurs to people to value the honour of the mind equally with the honour of the body, we shall get a social revolution of a quite unparalleled sort.
28. If values are woven into the very concept of education, where is the need for separate value education?
29. Ultimate prosperity is one's value within. It takes a man of depth, morality, and charm to be envied yet without a sign of wealth or romance. A passion to prove such inner worth is his permission to achieve whatever he desires.
30. Time extracts various values from a painter's work. When these values are exhausted the pictures are forgotten, and the more a picture has to give, the greater it is.
31. Money can't buy happiness but it can buy a huge yacht that sails right next to it.
32. I was an awful critic. I operated on the assumption that there was an absolute scale of values against which art could be measured. I didn't trust my own subjective responses.
33. If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
34. If you’re honest with yourself as a writer, trying to tell the best story you can, your story will be an honest one. And your values will come out, no matter how hard you try to disguise them.
35. Mathematics expresses values that reflect the cosmos, including orderliness, balance, harmony, logic, and abstract beauty.
36. Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can't accept who you are.
37. A netizen speaks normally about one’s life’s first priority or preference through the profile picture; it’s often the person seen therein, but it could also be the product on which s/he lays the hand on or seen as an inset in this selfish and materialistic world.
38. The problem with our society is that our values aren’t in the right place. There’s an awful lot of bleeding and naked bodies on prime-time networks, but not nearly enough cable television on public programming.
Prev : The 10 Best Qualities Quotes