37 Best Designer Quotes
Published on 2020-05-31 16:03:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. Fashion is about going ahead, not about memory.
2. Reinvent new combinations of what you already own. Improvise. Become more creative. Not because you have to, but because you want to. Evolution is the secret for the next step.
3. Like poetry, fashion does not state anything. It merely suggests
4. The secret to modeling is not being perfect. What one needs is a face that people can identify in a second. You have to be given what’s needed by nature, and what’s needed is to bring something new.
5. A respectable appearance is sufficient to make people more interested in your soul
6. Stuff your brain with knowledge.
7. Clear thinking at the wrong moment can stifle creativity.
8. Don't look to the approval of others for your mental stability
9. Dieting is the only game where you win when you lose!
10. Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress.
11. Don’t overact the story of your name. Overact the story of your work.
12. Success nullifies. You then have to do it again, preferably differently
13. The elegance is as physical, as moral quality that has nothing common with the clothing. You can see a countrywoman more elegant than one so called elegant woman.
14. We live in a dark and romantic and quite tragic world.
15. I had an interview once with some German journalist—some horrible, ugly woman. It was in the early days after the communists—maybe a week after—and she wore a yellow sweater that was kind of see-through. She had huge tits and a huge black bra, and she said to me, ‘It’s impolite; remove your glasses.’ I said, ‘Do I ask you to remove your bra?
16. I like to reinvent myself — it’s part of my job.
17. The French say you get hungry when you’re eating, and I get inspired when I’m working. It’s my engine
18. Fashion is a language that creates itself in clothes to interpret reality.
19. I want everyone to wear what they want and mix it in their own way. That, to me, is what is modern.
20. I do my job like I breathe — so if I can’t breathe I’m in trouble.
21. For me, Chanel is like music. There are certain notes and you have to make another tune with them
22. I would like to be a one-man multinational fashion phenomenon.
23. Logos on designer clothes don't make me feel like I've got a strong personal brand. No clothes make the man. Even wearing no clothes I'm still me.
24. People who do a job that claims to be creative have to be alone to recharge their batteries. You can’t live 24 hours a day in the spotlight and remain creative. For people like me, solitude is a victory.
25. Chanel is an institution, and you have to treat an institution like a whore – and then you get something out of her
26. I love classic beauty. It’s an idea of beauty with no standard.
27. When people want to be liked for what they did, they should stop.
28. I’m very much down to earth, just not this earth.
29. Fashion and music are the same, because music express its period too.
30. People who say that yesterday was better than today are ultimately devaluing their own existence.
31. Fashion is about two things: the evolution and the opposite.
32. Fashion does not have to prove that it is serious. It is the proof that intelligent frivolity can be something creative and positive
33. The woman is the most perfect doll that i have dressed with delight and admiration.
34. Forgiveness isn’t something I’m preoccupied with — turning the other cheek isn’t my trip.
35. Don’t sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there’s nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you.
36. We need houses as we need clothes, architecture stimulates fashion. It’s like hunger and thirst — you need them both.
37. The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.