35 Ask Quotes Say it to you
Published on 2020-05-28 12:06:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. Most painting in the European tradition was painting the mask. Modern art rejected all that. Our subject matter was the person behind the mask.
2. For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?
3. You can't just make yourself matter and then die, Alaska, because now I am irretrievably different, and I'm sorry I let you go, yes, but you made the choice. You left me Perhapsless, stuck in your goddamned labyrinth. And now I don't even know if you chose the straight and fast way out, if you left me like this on purpose. And so I never knew you, did I? I can't remember, because I never knew.
4. Hatsuharu Sohma: [after tripping Kyo] If I hadn't had tripped you, you wouldn't have stopped now would you.[addressing the audience]Hatsuharu Sohma: By the way what I just did was very dangerous. And if it had been anyone but Kyo they probably would have been hurt pretty badly, so don't try it at home.Kyo Sohma: Don't try it here and who are you even talking to?
5. You need to trustTo surrenderTo ask for guidanceGo within for the answersThey're within youYou have the answersAll you need do is ask
6. It's in literature that true life can be found. It's under the mask of fiction that you can tell the truth.
7. The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are. You trade in your reality for a role. You trade in your sense for an act. You give up your ability to feel, and in exchange, put on a mask. There can't be any large-scale revolution until there's a personal revolution, on an individual level. It's got to happen inside first.
8. The more death, the more birth. People are entering, others are exiting. The cry of a baby, the mourning of others. When others cry, the other are laughing and making merry. The world is mingled with sadness, joy, happiness, anger, wealth, poverty, etc.
9. I go to seek a Great Perhaps.
10. People ask me what the most important thing to take on the race is, and I always say it's a sense of humor. If you've got nothing but a sense of humor, you will survive.
11. A painter's tastes must grow out of what so obsesses him in life that he never has to ask himself what it is suitable for him to do in art.
12. Kevin Love has a last name that sums up my feelings for you. But then again, so does Renaldo Letsfucktonight.
13. Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
14. I look at art as a container. You can't get inside it, so you have to ask all of these questions.
15. We have just witnessed a classic example of what I like to call 'misdirected rage'. I believe the technical term is being an ass.
16. If you were to ask me the best time of day to fall in love, I'd say, "Now."But you'd also have to remember to factor in the fact that my watch is eleven minutes fast.
17. Know that it is a corpse who loves you and adores you and will never, never leave you!...Look, I am not laughing now, crying, crying for you, Christine, who have torn off my mask and who therefore can never leave me again!...Oh, mad Christine, who wanted to see me!
18. We learn to make a shell for ourselves when we are young and then spend the rest of our lives hoping for someone to reach inside and touch us. Just touch us—anything more than that would be too much for us to bear.
19. Do not ask directions from the people around you. Ask directions from the person who called you.
20. She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man and to no city
21. I love the gym; I love basketball. I'm really passionate about it.
22. Entering a cell, penetrating deep as a flying saucer to find a new galaxy would be an honorable task for a new scientist interested more in the inner state of the soul than in outer space.
23. If people were rain, I'd be a drizzle and she'd be a hurricane.
24. The irony of life is that those who wear masks often tell us more truths than those with open faces.
25. Do not be afraid ask questions.
26. One of the greatest tragedies in life is to lose your own sense of self and accept the version of you that is expected by everyone else.
27. I want to believe that I'm not wrong. I want to believe that life isn't full of darkness. Even if storms come to pass, the sun will shine again. No matter how painful and hard the rain may beat down on me.
28. When she fucked up all those years ago, just a little girl terrified into paralysis, she fell onto the enigma of herself.
29. Do you think you wear a mask?’‘I’m wearing one right now.’ Valentino smiled softly. ‘We both are.’‘It’s a sad thought.’‘Yes,’ he said. ‘But sometimes I wonder about the alternative. Imagine if we had no secrets, no respite from the truth. What if everything was laid bare the moment we introduced ourselves?
30. You can't just make me different and then leave
31. Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no fibs.
32. I love coffee cake, but I would prefer if it were just a little more drinkable. I almost choked while chugging some this morning, and if it weren’t for the fluid nature of clownfish, I might have caught feelings for Hillary using a basketball net.
33. Those who hurt others will also hurt themselves.
34. Guys ask me, don't I get burned out? How can you get burned out doing something you love? I ask you, have you ever got tired of kissing a pretty girl?
35. [On writing:] "There's a great quote by Julius Irving that went, 'Being a professional is doing the things you love to do, on the days you don't feel like doing them.'"(One On 1, interview with Budd Mishkin; NY1, March 25, 2007.)
Prev : 40 Mom Quotes