33 Affection Quotes
Published on 2020-06-29 12:08:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. Oh, Lizzy! do anything rather than marry without affection.
2. If equal affection cannot be,Let the more loving one be me.
3. You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.... connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.
4. If equal affection cannot be, let the more loving be me.
5. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.
6. Had I been in love, I could not have been more wretchedly blind. But vanity, not love, has been my folly.
7. True friends are those who came into your life, saw the most negative part of you, but are not ready to leave you, no matter how contagious you are to them.
8. To catch affection, try being efficient by using a fishing net. You can’t sit back and wait for romance to grow on trees.
9. It takes guts to love with gusto. Most people love as if they wish they were invisible, and then they wonder why their affections go unnoticed.
10. I have been used to consider poetry as "the food of love"said Darcy."Of a fine, stout, healthy love it may. Everything nourishes what isstrong already. But if it be only a slight, thin sort of inclination, Iam convinced that one good sonnet will starve it entirely away.
11. Flowers are aromatic and romantic, and they grow exactly the way love does—with plenty of light, and watered with affection.
12. Laughter is more than just a pleasurable activity...When people laugh together, they tend to talk and touch more and to make eye contact more frequently.
13. This was how it was with travel: one city gives you gifts, another robs you. One gives you the heart’s affections, the other destroys your soul. Cities and countries are as alive, as feeling, as fickle and uncertain as people. Their degrees of love and devotion are as varying as with any human relation. Just as one is good, another is bad.
14. He that has doctrinal knowledge and speculation only, without affection, never is engaged in the business of religion.
15. I love firm hugs. Statues are so affectionate. Well, at least compared to my ex wife.
16. I had a dream about you. We went for a walk, though we didn’t hold hands because we went in separate directions. As I walked alone I thought about how you had the funniest way of showing affection to me.
17. I like the scientific spirit—the holding off, the being sure but not too sure, the willingness to surrender ideas when the evidence is against them: this is ultimately fine—it always keeps the way beyond open—always gives life, thought, affection, the whole man, a chance to try over again after a mistake—after a wrong guess.
18. You know what I like most about people? Pets.
19. A person feels the pain in judicious proportion to the sensitive nature cherished in own world; otherwise there is enough fun, happiness, enjoyment and pleasure in life.
20. I had not intended to love him; the reader knows I had wrought hard to extirpate from my soul the germs of love there detected; and now, at the first renewed view of him, they spontaneously revived, great and strong! He made me love him without looking at me.
21. A starving man asleep dreams of food, and even a crumb becomes a feast. When you’re hungry for affection even a no is better than being ignored.
22. Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are god. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are gods.
23. We are not people who touch each other carelessly; every point of contact between us feels important, a rush of energy and relief.
24. I love when my cat crushes his forehead into mine like my skull is an empty beer can. But it’s not—there’s still a sip left.
25. I'm telling you this for one reason and one reason only: No matter how sure you are of someone's love, it's always nice to hear it.
26. Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.
27. We all know him to be a proud, unpleasant sort of man; but this would be nothing if you really liked him.
28. Love is made up of three unconditional properties in equal measure:1. Acceptance2. Understanding3. AppreciationRemove any one of the three and the triangle falls apart.Which, by the way, is something highly inadvisable. Think about it — do you really want to live in a world of only two dimensions?So, for the love of a triangle, please keep love whole.
29. We were not a hugging people. In terms of emotional comfort it was our belief that no amount of physical contact could match the healing powers of a well made cocktail.
30. It is an absolute human certainty that no one can know his own beauty or perceive a sense of his own worth until it has been reflected back to him in the mirror of another loving, caring human being.
31. I think that what comes through in Chicago humor is the affection. Even though you're poking fun at someone or something, there's still an affection for it.
32. Intelligence and education that hasn't been tempered by human affection isn't worth a damn.
33. I wasn't actually in love, but I felt a sort of tender curiosity.
Next : 12 Best Funnybuttrue Quotes