31 of the Gay Quotes Prepare You for 2020
Published on 2020-05-31 08:04:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. If my God damns people for love but saves them for brutle warfare, then that is not the God I know or wish to worship.
2. Peter to Austin:"Hard-ons don't make you think less. They make you think stupid. Which makes me think you must have one 24/7.
3. A person once asked me, in a provocative manner, if I approved of homosexuality. I replied with another question: 'Tell me: when God looks at a gay person, does he endorse the existence of this person with love, or reject and condemn this person?' We must always consider the person.
4. What gay culture is before it is anything else, before it is a culture of desire or a culture of subversion or a culture of pain, is a culture of friendship.
5. Isabelle snorted, "All the boys are gay. In this truck, anyway. Well, not you, Simon.""You noticed,"said Simon. "I think of myself as a freewheeling bisexual,"added Magnus. "Please never say those words in front of my parents,"said Alec.
6. But I think we both knew, even then, that what we had was something even more rare, and even more meaningful. I was going to be his friend, and was going to show him possibilities. And he, in turn, would become someone I could trust more than myself.
7. My thoughts on gay marriage are that everyone has the right to love and be loved, and that's the position I take.
8. I'm living by example by continuing on with my career and having a full, rich life, and I am incidentally gay.
9. I know that you cannot live on hope alone, but without it, life is not worth living. And you...And you...And you...Gotta give em hope.
10. I don’t understand the hatred and fear of gays and bisexuals and lesbians…it’s a concept I honestly cannot grasp. To me, it’s not who you love…a man, a woman, what have you…it’s the fact that you love. That is all that truly matters.
11. Obama's endorsement of gay marriage is hardly as consequential as Johnson's legislative success on civil rights.
12. In general there should be gay characters in YA because a) surprise, there are gay folks everywhere and b) in my opinion as a father, there’s not a damn thing wrong with my child encountering gay folks in her literature, because see point a).
13. The pressures on gay teens can be overwhelming--to keep secrets, tell lies, deny who you are, and try to be who you're not. Remember: you are special and worth being cared about, loved, and accepted just as you are. Never, ever let anyone convince you otherwise.
14. I don't remember deciding to become a writer. You decide to become a dentist or a postman. For me, writing is like being gay. You finally admit that this is who you are, you come out and hope that no one runs away.
15. I remember watching it all and getting the tickling in my chest and thinking to myself: This is what happiness feels like.
16. The only queer people are those who don't love anybody.
17. I suppose it’s not a social norm, and not a manly thing to do — to feel, discuss feelings. So that’s what I’m giving the finger to. Social norms and stuff…what good are social norms, really? I think all they do is project a limited and harmful image of people. It thus impedes a broader social acceptance of what someone, or a group of people, might actually be like.
18. For the first time in his life he understood why the Bible called sex "knowing". Everything was different. Now he knew Dante. He'd known Dante. And wonder of wonders, Dante had known him right back.
19. I desire to be with you. I miss you. I feel lonely when I can't see you. I am obsessed with you, fascinated by you, infatuated with you. I hunger for your taste, your smell, the feel of your soul touching mine.
20. Please Mia,"he implores. "Don't make me write a song.
21. Democracy! Bah! When I hear that I reach for my feather boa!
22. Scoot over, man. I don't like you that much.""Dick. That's not what you said last night.""Bite me.
23. I think God is a callous bitch not making me a lesbian. I'm deeply disappointed by my sexual interest in men.
24. Yeah, the whole family knows. It's no big deal. One night at dinner I said, 'Mom, you know the forbidden love that Spock has for Kirk? Well, me too.' It was easier for her to understand that way.
25. All men are created equal. Now matter how hard they try, they can never erase those words. That is what America is about.
26. There were books about how to be gay; he'd seen them in stores and libraries. Some of them even had diagrams. But there weren't any diagrams about how to fall in love with your best friend and not fuck everything up.
27. The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you've just told them.
28. We hope we are moving toward a world where sexual orientation is not an issue, because we hate the idea of a gay ghetto. I think that it's a real shame that people become restricted by their sexuality or define their whole lives by their sexuality.
29. If a bullet should enter my brain, let that bullet destroy every closet door.
30. I come from the New York theatre world, and I have a lot of gay male friends, so this friendship of Will and Grace's isn't such a stretch.
31. Fidelity is a living, breathing entity. On wobbly footing, it can wander, becoming something different entirely.