20 Fantasy Quotes
Published on 2020-06-03 04:05:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. The imaginary is not formed in opposition to reality as its denial or compensation; it grows among signs, from book to book, in the interstice of repetitions and commentaries; it is born and takes shape in the interval between books. It is the phenomena of the library.
2. People should decide on the books' meanings for themselves. They'll find a story that attacks such things as cruelty, oppression, intolerance, unkindness, narrow-mindedness, and celebrates love, kindness, open-mindedness, tolerance, curiosity, human intelligence.
3. In every journey comes a moment... one like no other. And in that moment, you must decide between who you are... and who you want to be.
4. Where have all the Fembots gone?
5. I caught his hand. “What do you want me to do?”Leaning down, he kissed the pulse beating on my neck just above the damaged skin. “Tomorrow, I need you to die.
6. Closed in a room, my imagination becomes the universe, and the rest of the world is missing out.
7. I often fantasize about torturing some of the lazier letters of the alphabet, like C, U, and E, because together they only manage to accomplish as much as the solitary letter Q.
8. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.
9. Come away, O human child!To the waters and the wildWith a faery, hand in hand,For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
10. Reality depresses me. I need to find fantasy worlds and escape in them.
11. I envy people that know love. That have someone who takes them as they are.
12. I feel ill,"[Howl] announced. "I'm going to bed, where I may die.
13. Men-kind shared this world for but a blink, then, sadly, they became enlightened, found science and religion. The new world of men left little room for magic or the magical creatures of old. Earth’s first children were driven into the shadows by flame and cold iron, by man’s insatiable need of conquest.
14. Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one.
15. Anya looked upon Nin admirably. Having him as a partner-in-crime—if only on this one occasion, which she hoped would only be the start of something more—was more revitalizing than the cheap thrills of a cookie-cutter shallow, superficial romance, where the top priority was how beautiful a person was on the outside.
16. I made a sorry face in response to such strong insistence, but I couldn’t believe him. Fantasies were exactly that..…..fantasies. Whimsy. Wishes. Mere castles in the sky without foundation or substance. Dreams didn’t come true. To believe so would be to believe falsely, to surrender to madness, to give in to an unreliable hope that would crush me once again as it always, always did!
17. Vacation, I go there in my mind. Especially when I’m at work, getting paid for it.
18. Sleep is a little death, dreams the whisperings of the Other, who would drag us all into his eternal night.
19. If you neglected to warn Djetth beforehand that you were going to shoot him down, Your Highness, he may consider you in breach of contract...-- Rhett
20. there are three kinds of people in the world: those who don't know and don't know they don't know; those who don't know and do know they don't know; and those who know and know how much they still don't know.