19 Fairytale Quotes Prepare You for 2020
Published on 2020-06-17 12:04:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."Red Riding Hood said, "I find your sexist remark offensive in the extreme, but I will ignore it because of your traditional status as an outcast from society, the stress of which has caused you to develop your own, entirely valid, worldview. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must be on my way.
2. This was not a fairy-tale castle and there was no such thing as a fairy-tale ending, but sometimes you could threaten to kick the handsome prince in the ham-and-eggs.
3. Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
4. His whole life was a sham, a fairy tale. The truth hidden behind a wall of lies, each lie another brick in the wall until he probably couldn't see the truth anymore.
5. If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave.
6. One of my heroes, G.K. Chesterton, said, "The old fairy tales endure forever. The old fairy tale makes the hero a normal human boy; it is his adventures that are startling; they startle him because he is normal."Discovering that the modern world can still contain the wonder and strangeness of a fairy tale is part of what my novels are about.
7. I caught his hand. “What do you want me to do?”Leaning down, he kissed the pulse beating on my neck just above the damaged skin. “Tomorrow, I need you to die.
8. Did I ever tell you the difference between a Northern fairy tale and a Southern one?"she asked him, indulging herself and letting her head rest on his shoulder. God, he felt good. Her man. Where her head was meant to lie, right there, on him. "What's the difference?""A Northern one starts 'once upon a time,' while a Southern one starts 'y'all ain't going to believe this shit.
9. He’d used the amulet to read my thoughts again. I pictured smacking him in the face.
10. Do you think we can be friends?” I asked.He stared up at the ceiling. “Probably not, but we can pretend.
11. Vane’s lips tightened to suppress a smile. “Why so hostile, love?”“You whacked me on the head with a ball!”“You deserved it.
12. Vane grabbed me. “DuLac, let’s chat.”Chat. British-speak for “Stand still while I yell at you.
13. Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.
14. And in what fairy tale would John ever be any sane person's idea of Prince Charming anyway? He was the opposite of charming. More like Prince Terrifying.
15. She talks like you. It’s not every day you hear a four-year-old say Prince Charming is a douchebag who’s only holding Cinderella back.” "That’s my girl.
16. They kissed for the first time then in the cold spring rain, though neither one of them now knew that it was raining. Tristran's heart pounded in his chest as if it was not big enough to contain all the joy that it held. He opened his eyes as he kissed the star. Her sky-blue eyes stared back into his, and in her eyes he could see no parting from her.
17. Tous mes anciens amours vont me revenir.'- All my old loves will be returned to me
18. There is the great lesson of 'Beauty and the Beast,' that a thing must be loved before it is lovable.
19. When you are very rational, you may not be able to dream or live in a fairy tale.