16 George Quotes for You need
Published on 2020-09-08 20:04:00 Category：Best Quotes
1. I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing... maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower, Harry.
2. The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
3. Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
4. Now, you two – this year, you behave yourselves. If I get one more owl telling me you've – you've blown up a toilet or –""Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet.""Great idea though, thanks, Mum.
5. It doesn't matter if they hate you, or embarrass you, or simply don't appreciate your genius for inventing the internet-""You invented the internet?"It was my idea, Martha said.Rats are delicious, George said."It was my idea!"Hermes said. "I mean the internet, not the rats. But that's not the point.
6. George MacDonald gives me renewed strength during times of trouble--times when I have seen people tempted to deny God--when he says, "The Son of God suffered unto death, not that men might not suffer, but that their sufferings might be like his.
7. All the papers that matter live off their advertisements, and the advertisers exercise an indirect censorship over news.
8. I lost a horse today.''That sounds careless. What happened?''She jumped off a cliff.''A cliff! Is that normal?
9. Laughter is poison to fear.
10. There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad intentions, and wooooords.
11. Love burns. Whiskey burns. George Burns. What do all three have in common? They’re all dead to me.
12. Ask us no questions and we’ll tell you no lies.
13. The president of the United States has claimed, on more than one occasion, to be in dialogue with God. If he said that he was talking to God through his hairdryer, this would precipitate a national emergency. I fail to see how the addition of a hairdryer makes the claim more ridiculous or offensive.
14. A plongeur is a slave, and a wasted slave, doing stupid and largely unnecessary work. He is kept at work, ultimately, because of a vague feeling that he would be dangerous if he had leisure. And educated people, who should be on his side, acquiesce in the process, because they know nothing about him and consequently are afraid of him.
15. I have lived a thousand lives and I’ve loved a thousand loves. I’ve walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time. Because I read.
16. He - and if there is a God, I am convinced he is a he, because no woman could or would ever fuck things up this badly.
Prev : 12 Thoughtful Quotes
Next : 20 Imitation Quotes